We are seeking a Business Development Associate who is enthusiastic about our nonprofit and eager to help us grow. Please email your resume to email@example.com. We welcome questions via email.
Business Development Associate - JungleVine Foundation, Inc.
The Business Development Associate focuses on international sales and marketing of JungleVine® Eco-Friendly Products, which are handmade by indigenous Khmu artisans in Laos and warehoused in Des Moines, Iowa.
This position reports to the Director of Operations and works as part of the teams in both the US-based JungleVine Foundation and the Lao-based Lao JungleVine Production and Promotion.
The work can be done remotely. We may have occasional meetings at our warehouse in Des Moines, Iowa. Candidates need to have their own computer and Internet access.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop relationships with customers and prospects in the sales funnel. Communicate with customers regularly to inquire about previous sales and ask for new orders.
- Represent JungleVine Foundation at regional, national, and international trade shows
- Collaborate to create a multi-year trade show plan
- Assist with trade show preparation and booth design
- Develop e-commerce enhancements to improve conversion, including collaboration on product descriptions
- Participate in product development
- Work to resolve occasional issues related to every aspect of our work, including things like shipping problems
Depending on skills and interests, you may also be asked to:
- Design marketing materials, including catalogs, lookbooks, product inserts and hang tags, shelf talkers for display in retail stores
- Work on video editing
Desired Skills and Competencies (You will learn lots of this on the job!)
- Experience in Salesforce CRM, MS Office, Google Workspace
- Ability to travel 2-6 times annually
- Ability to deliver sales results
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a remote team
- Ability to manage priorities and workload
- Desire to be a creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm
About the JungleVine Foundation
The nonprofit JungleVine® Foundation and our sister organization in Laos, the Lao JungleVine® Production Promotion Co. Ltd., work with indigenous Khmu artisans in Laos to promote, market, and sell their JungleVine® handicrafts all over the world. Our two organizations share a common mission; to connect these remote isolated tribal communities with the global marketplace. Our work reduces poverty in rural Laos, preserves an ancient craft, and mitigates global climate change through the promotion of JungleVine® fiber.
In the 16 years since the project's inception, we have worked with an estimated 1,000 artisans in some 40 villages who have produced more than 55,000 pieces. Hand-made JungleVine® products are sold in approximately 330 boutiques in 25 countries and territories worldwide. The project continues to expand to additional Khmu villages as more of the world becomes aware of the products and demand grows.
Interested applicants should submit a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “job opening” in the subject line. Please note: we will review applications on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.
JungleVine Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JungleVine Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal legal system, or any other basis prohibited by law.